Turmeric is a mustard-colored spice and it has numerous virtues. I propose some of it among the most important :
- Detoxifying: Turmeric is employed in the Indian traditional medicine and in that Chinese as detoxifying of the organism, particularly of the liver. These healthy properties attributed by the popular tradition are the same that are confirmed today by the official medicine, also to the light of the numerous studies and discoveries that the actual science has officially confirmed.
- Anticancerous: Turmeric’s active ingredient is an extracted compound called curcumin. Studies have shown that curcumin helps prevent several forms of cancer including breast, lung, stomach, liver, and colon because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It stops the development of cancer by interfering with the cellular signaling aspects of the chronic disease.
- Antidepressant: Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
- Healing: You can use turmeric as a natural disinfectant because of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. To heal wounds, sprinkle turmeric powder on the affected area. It has also been shown that turmeric can be used to treat psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Anti-inflammatories: It helps the body fight foreign invaders and also has a role in repairing damage.
- Prevent Alzheimer ‘s disease: Alzheimer’s disease is believed to be caused by rampant inflammation within the brain. Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory property removes accumulated plaque and fats in the brain, improving oxygen flow.
- Regular blood sugar: Turmeric has the ability to improve the effects of diabetic medications and help in controlling the disease. It reduces the risks of developing insulin resistance, a physiological condition in which the cells fail to respond to the normal actions of the insulin hormone.
- Reduces chlolesterol level: Research has proven that simply using turmeric as a food seasoning can reduce serum cholesterol levels. It is a known fact that high cholesterol can lead to other serious health problems. Maintaining a proper cholesterol level can prevent many cardiovascular diseases.